Here at JL Designs we love to support small businesses. We know how tough the last year has been for them and the effect that the pandemic has had on local businesses. We have been lucky enough to work with many of the small businesses in Tipperary and around Ireland over the past year and a half to help them get online, brand, re-brand or simply learn how to create their own social media graphics. We were truly blown away by the support we received and want to give back as much as we can. To say a small thank you we have compiled a list of summer content ideas to help small businesses online.
Here are our top 5 summer content ideas including a summer content calendar!
Post Specific To Your Industry & Summer:
Adapt your content to summer no matter what industry you’re in. Write a blog for your website, create a Tik-Tok or simply just post on your Instagram story. Here’s some inspiration:
● Skincare? Summer skincare routine & sun safety tips for your skin!
● Pet industry? How to keep your pets cool!
● Beauty? Fresh faced natural makeup for the beach!
● Fashion? Beach day style/ Summer 2021 fashion trends!
● Restaurant & Pubs? Share your summer menu! New Cocktails! New flavours of ice-cream!
Highlight Your Staycations
If you have gotten the chance to take a well-deserved break and experience a staycation in Ireland- post about it! Tag the restaurants, shops, tourist attractions & accommodation. Everyone needs help these days and a simple post about your vacation down in Killarney or up in Wicklow could help generate sales for other businesses. Plus people are always looking for places to visit in Ireland. If you feel you’ve found some true hidden gems on our beautiful island then why not share with your followers online.
Feature Photo’s in Summer Mode
At the beach, by the pool, wherever you find yourself this summer take your products along with you to take some cool summer themed photos.
If you find yourself working from home take a picture of yourself working outside, your clients/customers love to see behind the scenes photos, it makes you authentic and relatable. Just make sure to lather on the factor 50!!
Collaborate with other Small Businesses to run an Online Competition
Why not team up with other local businesses to run a competition online. Each business that gets involved can donate a prize.
For the competition you could:
- Create a graphic and ask your followers to Like, Comment, Share & Tag 3 Friends.
- Ask your customers to post their favorite summer picture and tag you or use a specific hashtag.
- Have a summer themed quiz on your stories.
- Content Calendar
There are many different days throughout summer worthy of a post on the gram to gain some attraction. We’ve got you covered with a content calendar from now until the end of summer.
● 30th International Day of Friendship #DayOfFriendship
● 2nd National Colouring Book Day #NationalColoringBookDay
● 8th International Cat Day #InternationalCatDay
● 9th National Book Lovers Day #NationalBookLoversDay
● 10th National Lazy Day #LazyDay
● 12th International Youth Day #YouthDay
● 16th National Tell a Joke Day #NationalTellAJokeDay
● 19th World Photo Day #WorldPhotoDay
● 26th National Dog Day #NationalDogDay